Thursday, October 9, 2008

Week 37 Update

So, we went to our Dr. this morning for our now weekly appointment. She said that Seth is about 7lbs 3 oz, and gonna be long. She also said that if we want to we can schedule an induction for the 24th. The bad news is that he is breached. So hopefully in the next week he will decide to change his mind and then we can just go about our normal business. If not and we go ahead with the set date he will have to be delivered by c-section. So, good news and bad news today. Although I am truly not complaining because things could be a lot worse. So this week all our thoughts and focus will be on this little guy turning. Neither Orson or I want to do a c-section, but we will do whatever is best for the baby.

5 comments:

Katz said...

Garrett was still turning all over the place at 37 weeks. When I had my NSTs, he would be head up one day and head down the next. Seth still has some room to move. He could flip over in the next week or two.

Are they gonna try an external version if he doesn't flip? I've heard it's painful, but it might work.

starstruck_texan said...

they said they could do an external, but I'm not really up for that.

Katz said...

You're rather be gutted like a fish? lol. I understand. I opted for a repeat section because I'm a big chicken.

Unknown said...

turn, baby turn! fingers crossed - but it will be fine either way! :) hey, how come you get to have your baby before i get to have mine?! it's not fair! :)

SusieQ said...

Me-an, what a bummer! Gio was breech, too, but his head was fully stuck and there was NO WAY he was gonna turn. The back of his head was even shaped like the corner of my uterus when they took him out (via c-section, of course)!