Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Road to Utah

The Road to Utah is not such a such jaunt, and many times during the trip my husband and I found ourselves asking each other if we were crazy or not. All in all considering that we were traveling with a one year old and one month old things were pretty uneventful. The trip started out with Seth puking all over his only blanket. For some reason during the trip he spit up all over just about every feeding. Fun Times! We decided to go through Lubbock, Albuquerque, Moab, and then onto Park City. The roads were fairly clear and easy to travel. We left on Wednesday the 19th of November and drive to Albuquerque a fabulous...16 hours. We stopped three times for food and rest. I an seriously grateful for the invention of portable DVD players, it was our saving grace on the trip and helped keep my little Savannah entertained.


Thursday was another long day, we drove all the way to Provo...14 hours. On our way we were able to see come really cool things. One of the quick stops was at the Monticello Temple.


She was excited to be at the temple....or was it that she was just really excited to be out of the car. Hmm....I think I'll let you decide.

"I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday"


This is some really cool rock, that caught my attention.


People do funny things for money. Here is an example of what I mean. Traveling finds interesting sights.




That night we were able to spend the night with Summer, my MTC companion, and her kiddos. She has a beautiful home up on the hill above BYU. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the view, both were awesome, at night and in the morning.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip! Traveling with kids is sure "fun!" Glad it wasn't too bad! :) Fun pictures!

Katz said...

nice toe socks. :)