Monday, October 22, 2007

1st night home alone

Well, needless to say like anyone else's experience. Savannah had decided that she did not want to go to sleep. She just wanted to lay there with the lights on. If the lights got turned off or she got put down, she was not a happy camper. So at midnight I decided to go rock her to sleep in her room. I fed her and there we slept in the rocking chair for the next two hours. I took her back to our room and put her in the bassinet and within 10 minutes she was awake complaining again. I picked her up again and took her back into her room and fed her for another hour, brought her back and tried again. This time Orson picked her up and for the next hour played the whole when you put me down I wake up game. So I finally gave up, picked her up and had her sleep on my chest which she did for the next four hours thankfully. I'm sure it could have been much worse, but man was I tired this morning.
Orson's parents came over to help today. KaeLynn helped with the baby so that I could sleep and Phil helped Orson get my car up and running. Because they were there I was able to take a shower and get some much needed rest. Hopefully tonight will go better.

No comments: